Care and Outreach for People living with Epilepsy
Patient and Family Support and Education Series
This free Patient and Family Support and Education Series is part of the COPE Program at the Weill Cornell Epilepsy Center. The Seminar Series is designed for the individual living with epilepsy and their care partner. Our philosophy is that the medical team, the patient and their care partner are working together to treat the condition.
COPE Happenings in 2013
- Yoga for People Living with Epilepsy
- Thursdays, from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Free weekly classes, mats will be provided
- Support Group for College Students - Living with Epilepsy
- Mondays, from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Weekly therapy group
- MAY 2
- Mary Montgomery MS, RD, CDN
- "You Are What You Eat ... Exploring the Options."
- MAY 30
- Paul Mullin, MD
- "Medication Update 2013: What is New for Treating Seizures?"
- JUNE 13
- Shannon M. Bennett, Ph.D.
- "Coping with Stress and Anxiety in Day-to-Day-Life."
- July 11
- Juliann Paolicchi, MD, MA
- "When Epilepsy Grows Up with You: Transitioning from Pediatric to Adult Epilepsy Care."
All are welcome, but registration is required. For more information about the COPE Program at the Weill Cornell Epilepsy Center, please call COPE Program Director, Luydmila Jovine, LCSW, BCD at (212) 746-2471 or register here.
- Weill Cornell Medical College
- 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021 (at 69th Street)